Wedding is one of a beautiful events in everybody’s life. However, planning for the same can be quite hassling. Therefore, this article gives you some simple wedding planning and preparation tips.
There are a million things to be looked after at a wedding. You have the guest list to prepare, caterers to choose, wedding gown to select, etc. Sounds like quite a muddle, isn’t it? However, since this is a beautiful event, it is important that all the arrangements be extremely perfect. On that note, this article contains some wedding planning and preparation tips, which will make your marriage a memorable one and also reduce your hassle to a great extent.
List of Tips
– Remember that you do not need to invite your co workers. If there is someone you are close to, it is something else, but inviting 100 people from the office is just a waste of your money on the invitations, because only the ones that you are close to will come anyway.
– The first step is deciding how much money you are going to spend, and make a budget. When planning the budget, allow 25% more for extras that you haven’t planned for.
– Order the invitations four months in advance. Invitations should be mailed four to six weeks in advance. Take the invitations to the post office to be weighted for sufficient postage.
– On the D-day, bring along an emergency kit with a needle and thread, safety pins, hairpins, hairspray, nail polish, and extra pantyhose.
– Start shopping for the dress six months in advance. You will need several fittings before it is perfect.
– Do your hair and makeup before putting on your dress.
– Plan your honeymoon six months in advance. Make all arrangements and reservations well in advance.
– If your budget is small, share your joy and happiness with only family and your closest friends.
– When selecting a caterer, try to sample their food before hiring them. If it is a restaurant, go there to have dinner before you hire them.
– Invitations should always be addressed by pen, preferably a black fountain pen.
– Plan your budget first. The rest you can fit into that budget.
– If you and your significant other have a disagreement, work it out without involving either set of parents.
– When shopping for your dress, state your price range at the beginning.
– Remember to always send a “Thank you” note for all the gifts you receive.
– When choosing a date, take your guests into consideration. Avoid family birthdays, anniversaries, etc. Also, think about those who will be traveling.
– View his or her photographs to see if you like their style of photography. If you do, book as early as possible.
– Planning a wedding takes a lot of time. If you don’t have the time, hire a wedding consultant.
– When you are meeting with a florist for the flowers, know what your budget will be and the colors you have chosen.
– Eat something before your wedding. Even though you might not feel hungry, try to swallow just a few bites. You don’t want to faint on your big day.
– Make detailed photocopies of your wedding day schedule beginning that morning and continuing until your departure for your honeymoon. Give copies of the schedule to all parents as well as everyone in the party.
– Don’t hesitate to ask family and friends to help with preparations. Choose the appropriate task for the person you are asking.
I hope the above mentioned tips will help you prepare well for your big day. All the best.