Longing for a holiday, it’s in human nature. Because a holiday is a day of supreme relaxation and enjoyment, it can be different for the different individual depending upon their age and lifestyle. For corporate workers, it means time off from the daily chorus. For students, it’s a day away from studies. For housewives, there is usually no holiday from their daily routine work, but if they do manage to get one, then they do some shopping on the day of the holiday.
Sunday, a public holiday worldwide enables the people to spend some time with their family and the society. Every country has its own holiday calendar for a year, considering the religious sentiment, cultural and regional aspect of the society. In addition to this, the government also declares holidays for its citizen to show and celebrate their patriotism. The country with most holidays in a calendar year is Austria and Malta with 38 holidays in a year, followed by Poland and Britain.
There are a number of benefits of a holiday in a human’s life and some of them listed below :
– On holiday, we get some more time to be social with our friends and relatives.
– We get enough time to clean our house or room.
– Holiday enables a person to have a fair discussion with his family, over their future plans.
– Holiday enables a society to spend their festivals with joy and happiness.
– Holiday, gives some time to a person perhaps to engage in social services like cleaning the locality, social gatherings etc.
– Holiday is essential for the salaried workers to relieve themselves from continuous work and load.
– Holidays are also beneficial for the environment. As the energy conservation on this very day is high because businesses do not operate on this day.
However, continuous and long holidays are found to have some cons for the society and some of them are listed below :
– The Productivity of a company suffers due to holidays.
– Essential services like hospitals, public transport, fire fighting etc. become paralyzed on the day of the holiday, due to lack of staff.
– The government machinery comes to halt on holidays and ultimately the economy of the country suffers due to it.
As banks are closed on this day, there are chances of monetary crisis. However, Atm’s are there for the people, but many individuals, who still believe in the traditional way of banking.